Saturday, February 25, 2012

Artist A Day: Sam Weber

After checking a bunch of artists on Artist A Day, I finally found an artist that caught my interest, and that is Sam Weber from New York. I was intrigued by his artwork because it is a mix of naturalistic and cartoonish style.


His choice of colors are soft and a bit dark, but not boring. In this particular artwork I love how he uses color to create a focal point. The picture background and the detailed birds are sepia-colored, but the girl is colorful in contrast, thus drawing our eyes to it. The expression on the girl's face is beautifully drawn. We can clearly see how she is enjoying it. The perspective and dramatic pose is also lovely. It gives the pleasant feeling of flying through the air, but not too fast (as shown by the strings that are not too stretched and the dress that is gently flowing). The blurred birds' wings make the flapping movement believable, as well as giving a misty feeling in the air..
After seeing this artist's work, I begin to pay more attention to the importance of color palette and the impact it can give when used appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment