Saturday, February 25, 2012

About Me

Hi everyone, my name is Cynthia Anastasia Andi, an Indonesian digital artist. I've liked art since I was a kid and I love manga and anime, which influence my art style a lot. I only had little formal education in art before I changed my major to graphic design in Fall 2011. 


I created this blog to post my artworks and assignments from Professor Joyce Dallal's Spring 2012 digital art class at El Camino College, where I'm currently studying. 


I am taking this class to learn how to be a good digital artist. Even though I did learn Photoshop back in 8th grade, my knowledge about the use of this software is still very limited, especially since a lot of improvement have been made to this software. I also want to learn how to use other softwares I such as Adobe Illustrator and InDesign, which I'm sure will be useful to me as a digital artist. I am hoping that by the end of this class I will master these softwares and become a great digital artist.


I hope to pass this class with an A and be able to transfer to a good school to earn my BA or BFA. The schools I am aiming to transfer to is either CSU Long Beach or CSU Fullerton.
When I have graduated, I would like to work as a graphic designer/ illustrator in Indonesia. Although there are already quite a few people working in these fields, I would like to distinguish myself with my cartoonish style.


I hope through my posts in this blog I can see how I progress as a digital artist.
These are examples of my artworks (click image to enlarge).




For more examples of my artworks, visit my deviantART page!
Comments and constructive criticism are always appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment